Nautilus E614 is a great elliptical for home use, it has 6-position manual incline adjustment, 22 workout programs, large articulating footplates and 20 levels of magnetic resistance. It has contact hand grips for heart rate monitoring and the maximum user weight is 300 lbs. It does not support app connectivity.
The Nautilus E618 Elliptical is a smart elliptical with Bluetooth connectivity. It supports users up to 350 lbs. It offers 29 workout programs, a motorized incline that can be controlled from handlebars, and 25 resistance levels. The stride length on the Nautilus E618 is 22″, this can be too long for short users in the flat position. The E618 can be paired with a wireless (chest strap included) and it also has contact hand grips for heart rate monitoring.
E614 vs E618, Key Differences
- The Nautilus E618 has the capability to incline using a motor, whereas the E614 requires manual (6 position) adjustment for the incline.
- While the Nautilus E618 supports a maximum weight of 350 lbs, the E614 can only support up to 300 lbs.
- The E618 comes with 25 resistance levels, outpacing the E614 which has 20.
- The E618 has a heavier 30 lbs. flywheel ensuring a smoother and more stable experience, while the E614 has a 18 lbs. flywheel.
- The Nautilus E618 features a stride length of 22 inches, while the E614 has a slightly shorter stride length at 20 inches.
- With 29 workout programs available, the Nautilus E618 offers more variety compared to the E614’s 22 programs.
- The E618 includes both wireless heart rate monitoring (a chest strap included) and contact hand grips, whereas the E614 only provides contact hand grips for heart rate monitoring.
- The Nautilus E618 incorporates Bluetooth connectivity for connecting to fitness apps such as Nautilus Trainer 2 App and the RunSocial App, a feature that is absent in the E614.
Nautilus E614 Elliptical
The stride length is the furthest distance between the two pedals of the elliptical in motion. A longer stride will give you more natural feeling, like a running type motion.
If you are over 5’4″ you may prefer a 20 inch or higher stride length and if you’re over 6 feet, you’ll definitely want a 20 inch stride or more. Ellipticals with a stride length of 18 to 20 inch are suitable for people under 5’4″.
Elliptical trainers have either manual, motorized, or electromagnetic resistance. Increasing the resistance on your elliptical during workouts will make the exercise more challenging, leading to a higher calorie burn. However, if you’re a beginner, proceed with caution. Some elliptical trainers feature heart rate programs that adjust the resistance based on your heart rate.
Magnetic, 20 levels of eddy current resistance
Magnetic, 25 levels of eddy current resistance
The drive system, usually the flywheel is what moves when you apply pressure to the pedals. Its weight is directly related to how smooth an elliptical trainer will feel during training.
18 lb. effective flywheel weight
30 lb. effective flywheel weight. This is one of the heaviest flywheel you can find in its price class, which makes the motion very smooth.
Maximum Weight Capacity (LBS)
Number of Programs
- 9 profile,
- 8 heart rate control,
- 2 custom
- 2 fitness test
- 1 quick start
The Nautilus E618 can connect to fitness apps such as the Nautilus Trainer 2 App and RunSocial App, offering additional workout programs and interactive training options beyond the onboard programs.
Incline, Decline Features
6 position manual ramp adjustment
10 degree motorized incline that can be controlled from handlebars
Heart Rate Monitor
Knowing your heart rate during a workout is important for maximum fitness benefits. Today we have many methods to measure our heart rate, but a built-in heart rate monitor has other advantages, like heart rate oriented workout programs.
Contact type: Measure your heart rate by grasping the stationary handles.
Both contact grip and Wireless heart telemetry is available on the Nautilus E618.
Console and Display Properties
DualTrack LCD displays
Water Bottle Holder
10 year frame, 2 year mechanical, 1 year electrical and a 90-day labor warranty
15 year frame, 5 parts, 5 years electronics and a 2 years labor warranty
Last update: January 2023